A Narrated Bus Tour of Historic Sties in the Santa Clarita Valley.
Includes lunch (vegetarian and vegan selections will be available)
We will be walking short distances over uneven terrain.
No children under six years of age.
Some of the sites visited will include:
- Heritage Junction – home to restored, furnished historic homes, an adobe, chapel, schoolhouse, train depot and steam locomotive.
- An 1898 Trestle Bridge – replacement for one swept away by the St. Francis Dam floodwaters.
- Mentryville – site of the first commercially successful oil well in the west, and the longest continuously producing well in the world.
- Oak of the Golden Dream – first gold discovery in California.
- Site of the driving of the stake commemorating the joining of San Francisco with Los Angeles by rail.